Here in Rochester, it pays to make use of every excuse to get outdoors during the summer. If you work downtown, doing so on Wednesdays could make your lunches totally rock. Carry your homemade lunch, grab takeout, or visit a food truck on Elm Street, then head to Midtown Commons near the corner of Elm and Cortland Streets between noon and 2 pm for Middays at Midtown. This FREE noontime concert series put together by the City of Rochester presents a different local musician or band each Wednesday from July 10th to August 28th. It’s a great way to experience a slice of the local music scene without ever paying a cover. A variety of genres are mixed in for a different lunchtime vibe each week.
Bring an umbrella! The concerts take place rain or shine, with no rain dates or alternative locations.
2019 Concert Schedule
- July 10: As One (Jazz and R&B)
- July 17: Onclave (Latin)
- July 24: Jackson Cavalier (Americana)
- July 31: Band-n-Public (Funk)
- August 7: Jack West (Rock)
- August 14: The Latin Jazz Experience (Latin/Jazz)
- August 21: The Tragedy Brothers (Americana)
- August 28: Abby Celso and Mark Bader of The Swooners (Pop)