A Full Week Dedicated to Dance
The 8th annual inspireDANCE Festival will take place at the University of Rochester’s River Campus from January 20 to 26, 2018. This weeklong event invites both the University community and the greater Rochester-area community to experience dance in the Program of Dance and Movement at the University of Rochester. The festival, launched in 2011, grew out of a desire to build connections between student dancers, the larger local dance community, and the Program of Dance and Movement. It’s also a wonderful opportunity for members of the general public to experience the abundance of dance-related talent and resources present in the Rochester community.
For dancers, the inspireDANCE Festival offers more than 30 master classes from around the world, chances to collaborate and perform, and invaluable opportunities to network with others in the dance community. Workshops cover everything from yoga and capoeira to jazz, West African dance, and the Lindy Hop. The all-inclusive ticket is just $18 online through January 20th and $25 at the door, and covers both classes and performances.
Festival Highlights Include:
- inspireDANCE Student Kickoff Concert, January 20 at 7 pm
- inspireJAM Bboy/Bgirl Battle, Sunday, January 21, 1:30 pm – 5 pm
- Salsa Dance in the Evening, Thursday, January 25, 9 pm
- “MBDance” featured dance company performance, Friday, January 26, 8 pm
- High School Dance Day, Monday, January 29
- More than 30 Master Classes from all over the world