Sure, you’ve heard of people doing their spring cleaning but what about a winter cleaning? There are quite a few things in your apartment or townhome that don’t require regularly cleaning so they can easily be forgotten. And if you plan on doing any entertaining over the holidays, a winter cleaning can help make sure you’re proud of your home. To help, we’ve created a list for you. Sorry it’s so long (you don’t have to do them all).
One thing before you start: declutter. Nothing can hinder your cleaning more than a lot of things that haven’t been put away. Before you even start your winter cleaning, do some decluttering.
- Bedding – wash your sheets and blankets. Clean your mattress.
- Wash pillows
- Vacuum and/or mop behind dressers, nightstands and under the bed
- Disinfect toothbrush holders
- Change out toothbrushes
- Wash shower curtains
- Replace curtain liner if needed
- Wash bathmats
- Clean oven
- Wipe down microwave
- Refrigerator – empty and wipe down. Vacuum behind your refrigerator
- Drawers and cupboards – empty out, wipe down, and get rid of items you never use
- Vacuum furniture – don’t forgot the bottom and spot clean upholstery where needed
- Clean the back side of electronics
- Wash pillows
- Disinfect remotes
- Wash walls – use a Magic Eraser to get off marks
- Wash baseboards – dust loves to collect on the top edge
- Closets – empty out, wipe down, and get rid of things you don’t really need.
- Garbage cans and wastebaskets – wash and disinfect
- Clean windows
- Vacuum or wash curtains/blinds
- Shampoo rugs/carpets
- Wash small rugs